i disabled my avast antivirus to install a program which eventually became a virus and freezed my pc. After system reset, i co

Solution
Try System Restore in Control Panel>System.

Go back to a date before the first reset and preferably, one created by Windows Updates. You won't lose any files but you might get your programmes back.
I've removed your e-mail address on grounds that you're in enough trouble without publishing that for the Spammers to abuse.

You don't give us much detail but is it safe to assume you turned the AV back on and scanned or won't your system run at all?

alex4lov

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Code:

I did a system reset and all my apps were gone except my files. Right now, I cant install a new avast. It's given me an error message.

When you say apps had gone, could it just be the Desktop shortcuts? Have a look in the Programme Files folder and the Programme Files (x86) folder if you run on a 64 bit system.

There's a big difference between a system refresh and a system reset but any programmes you installed will have been wiped out. That your files are intact, it seems you used teh Refresh option.

What was Avast's error message? Is it still showing in Control Panel>Add and Remove Programmes? It may have partially survived the refresh process.

alex4lov

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
The error is: "Avast installer cannot continue because the last Avast operation was performed without restarting. Please reboot your computer first and then run the installer again". I have done this several years times but still the same error.

I used reset and not refresh, in my program files, I can only see system files, those programs I installed are all wiped off even in windows.old I can't find any. Do I need to reset again?