Solved! I don't have a cable box working because the Rogers disconnected me but I have a dvd player that's blueray Sony and. I want to

Jan 13, 2019
Hi how can I start my dvd movie to play when I press play or okay it doesn't work . I have no cable connection but have a converter with Rogers not a Sony tv converter. Do I need a Sony tv converter. And do I need to hook it up to the tv to work the dvd player too or a dvd converter that's associated to the dvd player. We get to the point where it shows the movie and says play . We press play and it doesn't. What do we do

Solution
If your DVD player relies on the converter box that you must return then I guess either (1)buy new DVD player that's directly compatible with your TV, or (2)buy another stand-alone converter. Option 1 probably simpler and costs not much.
If Rogers disconnected you then it does not surprise me that their cable box no longer works.

Most likely you will indeed need to get another DVD player compatible with your home theater setup.

And do remember that Rogers may be expecting you to return their converter box. Otherwise you may be charged for it and that may be costly.

Would not be surprised if they turn the matter over to collection agency if you do not pay....

Jan 13, 2019

If your DVD player relies on the converter box that you must return then I guess either (1)buy new DVD player that's directly compatible with your TV, or (2)buy another stand-alone converter. Option 1 probably simpler and costs not much.

Solution