I don't use the laptop's removable battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLNy98

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a laptop with a removable battery. Now, I usually keep the laptop running without the battery, having it plugged in. I know that desktops have the power supply to convert the electrical energy applied. Is it OK or not to run the laptop without the battery, I mean can this cause a problem for the laptop (to work properly) given the fact that laptops (maybe) don't have a "power supply"? Also if they don't, does this mean I consume more power? I know these are silly questions for some but I don't really know many things about technology. If there are any mistakes, know that english is not my first language.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can run many without the battery in, however personally I would not do it long term. They aren't really meant to run that way. Some laptops actually won't even run with the battery dead or out.

In the end, it is always your choice. If it works for you, great.
You can run many without the battery in, however personally I would not do it long term. They aren't really meant to run that way. Some laptops actually won't even run with the battery dead or out.

In the end, it is always your choice. If it works for you, great.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.