I get 3 amber and one blue light on the battery light. battery is at 91% and not charging.

jackeblue

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
I have a Inspiron 5735 windows 10, 64 bit.
I have tried plugging and unplugging every battery or cord part, no change. When I unplug the power cord from the computer and plug it back in, I get charging for about 10 seconds or less. new
BIOS was installed - no change.
The F2 at startup says to unplug and re-plug the power cable to the computer, no change.
I replaced the battery about 2 years ago, because it would not charge.

Please help!
Jack

Solution
Well 2 years on a battery, it could be in need of replacing.

It could also have shifted inside. Although that sounds less likely after so long of having it, unless the laptop was banged or dropped.

If it will run fine on the power cord, battery in or out, then the cord and the connection are fine. The only other option I can think of would be the charging circuit being damaged but not fried completely. Which would be rare. They usually go completely.
Well 2 years on a battery, it could be in need of replacing.

It could also have shifted inside. Although that sounds less likely after so long of having it, unless the laptop was banged or dropped.

If it will run fine on the power cord, battery in or out, then the cord and the connection are fine. The only other option I can think of would be the charging circuit being damaged but not fried completely. Which would be rare. They usually go completely.

Solution

jackeblue

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
Last night I tried unplugging the short cord from the wall to the power adapter and unplugging the computer. I plugged it all in this AM and it all works fine.
I do not understand why unplugging from the wall vs unplugging the power from the power adapter is different? I actually use two different short cords that are always plugged in at two different locations. This way I can easily move from one power location to another.

All is good it works fine. Thanks for all your help!