I got a new battery, Still flashes orange and won't accept charge. I am not a computer person and don't know what to do next

A thread is the actual message or question. I may have enough to help.just from the tags though
Is the battery you just purchased an official Dell battery? If not there may be an issue but you can try turning off the machine and charging while the laptop is off - for at least two hours. Remove the power adapter and attempt to power on the laptop on battery power only.after a charge period

mom50help

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016

mom50help

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Yes it is a dell battery the same model number as the old one. I already tried unhooking the power adapter and letting it charge. The computer just goes dead. Thanks for trying to help me. Joy

mom50help

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016

The problem is on the motherboard, it could just be an inductor that is faulty. I might ask you to check some tensions but you will need to open the laptop and with a multimeter read the tensions, but I think you can not do that. The last thing you can do, check the battery connector on the laptop, look if you do not have corrosion on the pins, if they are clean.

mom50help

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016