i have a 32" rca rlded3258a tv. The red light in the bottom corner indicates i have power, but the tv wont turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewgee

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
i have a 32" rca rlded3258a tv. The red light in the bottom corner indicates i have power, but the tv wont turn on.

Solution
The most common failure in flat screens is the power supply. They use 85 degree capacitors instead of 105 degree and they just sort of blow. If you can get inside the set you can check for this. The cylindrical capacitors will look sort of inflated or brown. Since this is only a 32" you would not want to invest a lot to repair it so if you can't do it yourself if is time for a new one.

platonik93

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
try unplugged the tv for 5 minutes, then press power button.

try pressing the button keeping your finger on the button for 30 secs.

when you press the button do you hear anything that would indicated that the tv is being powered on?

The most common failure in flat screens is the power supply. They use 85 degree capacitors instead of 105 degree and they just sort of blow. If you can get inside the set you can check for this. The cylindrical capacitors will look sort of inflated or brown. Since this is only a 32" you would not want to invest a lot to repair it so if you can't do it yourself if is time for a new one.

Reactions: espritdautomne
Solution

chagoya182

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014

yes i here a noise like its on but no picture. it is blacked out

Status
Not open for further replies.