I have a dell 15 3000 series. It was working fine. I had the a/c adapter plugged connected to it, the green indicator light

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
1 Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 8