i have a dell laptop latitude model.After walking away from my computer and it being inactive for 20 to 30 min or if i close lid.When i try to start using it again or open lid and try to start using it.The laptop stutters,lags,and freezes repeatedly.If i restart laptop it runs fine even if i lets say play wow for a couple hours straight or watch some movies it runs fine until i leave it inactive again or close lid...any thoughts please.
Please do try changing the Power Option settings of your PC that may do the trick.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.