I have a handheld recorder where I have recorded something in my front room it has a very loud sound of the TV how do I remo

Apr 16, 2018
I have a handheld recorder which I was using to record in my front room the TV was very loud and overpowering of people speaking how do I remove the sound from my handheld recorder or what device can I get to remove it so I can only hear the speaking and nothing else

Solution
You may be able to import the audio into some audio recording software and try to EQ the audio, assuming the frequencies of the people talking in the room and the tv program are not the same. But I agree with the above, technology isn't magic. An experienced audio engineer might be able to make it sound better, but some things can't be "fixed in the mix".

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
You may be able to import the audio into some audio recording software and try to EQ the audio, assuming the frequencies of the people talking in the room and the tv program are not the same. But I agree with the above, technology isn't magic. An experienced audio engineer might be able to make it sound better, but some things can't be "fixed in the mix".

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from karlhayes1966 : "My little dilemma"

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
It can be done, the same way as the data on a busted hdd can be recovered. By professionals using highly expensive equipment that either work for the Government or will charge you through the nose and every other orofice you can name.

Other than those 2 options, you are pretty much SOL in a DiY project.