I have a laptop and its been a day since my laptop is updating and I can't turn it off. What do I do? Please help.

Phat_Dang

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
I have an Asus laptop and I don't know what kind of windows it has.
My laptop started to update then I accidentally closed the top.
The screen is black and all that I see is dots spinning around and going under the circle into the blackness.
Can you help me? Also my laptop has been acting weird before this happened.

Solution
if there is no text and the dots are spinning. then your hard drive glitched. turn off the PC with the power button. if you can't, unplug the computer and wait for it to die. then plug it in but don't turn it on. now depending on the brand of the PC, the recovery button will be different. find the brand's recovery button. in this case, my hp is F12. if you manage to get to the recovery screen there are 2 buttons if you are on windows 8 or 10. click troubleshoot. once you have clicked troubleshoot. either fix errors or factory reset. if those 2 buttons don't work. try to create a recovery USB with a windows 10 or 8 ISO. you can create this with the windows tool for this. hope this helped!

Phat_Dang

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
The dots are spinning in the circle and then going down into the blackness of the screen.
No there is no text on the screen.
I don't know where the model number is, I been spending like 2 hours searching for it.

DeamonSlayer13

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
if there is no text and the dots are spinning. then your hard drive glitched. turn off the PC with the power button. if you can't, unplug the computer and wait for it to die. then plug it in but don't turn it on. now depending on the brand of the PC, the recovery button will be different. find the brand's recovery button. in this case, my hp is F12. if you manage to get to the recovery screen there are 2 buttons if you are on windows 8 or 10. click troubleshoot. once you have clicked troubleshoot. either fix errors or factory reset. if those 2 buttons don't work. try to create a recovery USB with a windows 10 or 8 ISO. you can create this with the windows tool for this. hope this helped!

Solution