I have a problem

amity

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
So I bought an Asus K55A-XH71 about 3 months ago. Everything worked fine until I downloaded something and it never completely downloaded. The laptop didn't really work after that and I had to reinstall windows. The laptop somewhat worked after that. After I shut it down and tried to turn it back on, it goes straight to startup repair. I've tried everything to fix this, but it goes to startup repair every time I turn on my laptop. I've tried system restore, command prompt, image recovery, and even safe mode doesn't work. I don't have a recovery CD. Please help me.

Solution
If he thinks that there is a chance of a virus I would disinfect it using Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 which is free and boots from a CD to clean everything before copying potentially infected data. You can get Kaspersky as an image HERE and burn to a CD and boot from it and do a full scan.

laviniuc

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
sounds to me like you got a nasty virus on it...

i suggest you copy your personal data to an external storage using say... knoppix, reinstall your windows completely (format the system drive during install), get a antivirus - even microsfot security essentials will be fine - before copying the data back

RealBeast

Distinguished
If he thinks that there is a chance of a virus I would disinfect it using Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 which is free and boots from a CD to clean everything before copying potentially infected data. You can get Kaspersky as an image HERE and burn to a CD and boot from it and do a full scan.

Solution