Solved! I have an Asus zenbook 13 UX331UN. Can I upgrade it's processor?

Nov 29, 2021
I had a processor meltdown about a year ago because the cooling system was bad. The technician who worked on my laptop had to replace the i5 processor with an i3. Now I want to upgrade it back but then someone said it's impossible to upgrade the processor. After the laptop was repaired, the battery life took a major hit and now lasts for only 8 minutes at most (I don't know why) but asides from that, the laptop works just fine. Anyways, I'm wondering if an upgrade is possible for this particular model or if the first technician messed something up and I'd just be better off buying a new laptop.

Solution
The CPU is soldered to the motherboard, the tech most likely replaced the motherboard not just the CPU unless he happened to have the skill and equipment to swap the CPU on the motherboard which is not likely. For the battery issue, it's probably a bad battery unless it happened to be bad immediately after the fix, at which time you needed to talk to the person that worked on the laptop.
The CPU is soldered to the motherboard, the tech most likely replaced the motherboard not just the CPU unless he happened to have the skill and equipment to swap the CPU on the motherboard which is not likely. For the battery issue, it's probably a bad battery unless it happened to be bad immediately after the fix, at which time you needed to talk to the person that worked on the laptop.

Solution