Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Extended or Duplicate then press Enter.
- If it doesn't work try to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it doesn't work as well try a different cable or a monitor.