I have an SD card that was formatted to work only on my ZTE mobile phone. My phone broke and I don't want to lose the contents

Sep 3, 2018
I have an SD card with data I want. But it was formatted to my old ZTE mobile phone and that phone broke. How do I keep what's on the SD card and get it to work on my new ZTE phone. With an micro SD adapter not a reader.

If it was only 'formatted' meaning it was left as "External" storage, the new phone should be able to read and access the data. However, if the card was changed to be "Internal" storage on the old phone, then no other device will ever be able to read or access the data on that card. Only the original one, and only as it was. So if the card was actually encoded and made into "Internal" storage so that apps could be run off of it, everything on it is not accessible.

If it was only 'formatted' meaning it was left as "External" storage, the new phone should be able to read and access the data. However, if the card was changed to be "Internal" storage on the old phone, then no other device will ever be able to read or access the data on that card. Only the original one, and only as it was. So if the card was actually encoded and made into "Internal" storage so that apps could be run off of it, everything on it is not accessible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Spwun_ofakind Android Smartphones 2
nbd8 Android Smartphones 1
Indychamp1 Android Smartphones 1
cutara Android Smartphones 0
bobbyurso Android Smartphones 1
Saizawa_Kun Android Smartphones 2
Norlando Android Smartphones 8
J Android Smartphones 5
X Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 2
T Android Smartphones 3