I have dell laptop latitude e 4300 with sim card slot...how can in connect so th

emat

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Can somebody tell mi how i can connect sim card in my laptop? it has sim card slot....perfectly fit

Hello emat;

Besides the SIM card slot you also need the Mobile Broadband mini-card installed.
Dell Wireless 5720 (EvDO & GPS) Mobile Broadband Mini Card
Dell Wireless 5530 (Tri-band HSDPA 7.2/HSUPA 2.0 & GPS) Mini-Card

Have that card as well? It's an optional part and not all Latitude E4300s will have one.

Your personal cell phone SIM won't work. You'll need a separate mobile broadband account with a data SIM from your service provider.

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
That is mostly correct exept you cell sim will work... I would not do this as you will prob go over your data plan in a day or so lol. This is how I used to test our execs laptops before we took them over to ATT to purchase a plan for them. So Just install the dell software for the wireless cards it will tell you if you have the correct cards or not.. You can go into device manger too if you know what your looking for.

Thent

Morticano14

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I am currently using a Dell Lattitude E6330 with the SIM feature. What you need to do is enable your Wireless as this SIM will be using wireless. As soon as you have done that You can create a connection in Control panel, this should be a dial up connection. specify your data carrier username/ Password and the Dial up number. For me, its *99# for Digicel PNG/. Anway that's how you create a connection, Now the issue is coming up with an approach to check your data balance or so forth. I am still experimenting so anyone have an idea please forward it

rmitech2014

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014

Hi, how will i know what the Username and Password is for data carrier Digicel?? In the modem connectio it doesnt have a username and password except the dial number as you stated and the APN.

We have 10 Dell Lattitude E6500 and so for none of them can use inserted simcard to internal modem to connect to internet.