I have dell n5010 laptop that screen is black and makes a beeping sound when i turn it on. what should i do?

RODGEB

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
laptop configuration is 320gb HDD,RAM 4GB,1GB GRAPHICS CSRD i3 processor,2.53ghz speed of processor

Solution
Hi,

Beeping could be an indication of a lose connection of a hardware mostly the RAM. Reseat the RAM and make sure they are properly seated when you put them back in. If it's still beeping test each RAM 1 at a time and into each RAM slots. Lastly check the connection of the HDD as well and verify if it's seated correctly as well.
Hi,

Beeping could be an indication of a lose connection of a hardware mostly the RAM. Reseat the RAM and make sure they are properly seated when you put them back in. If it's still beeping test each RAM 1 at a time and into each RAM slots. Lastly check the connection of the HDD as well and verify if it's seated correctly as well.

Solution

Sanjana_1

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
I'm also using the same model laptop and facing the same issue. I took that to the Dell Authorized Service Center, they told me that, it was a chip-set issue and told me that they changed it and collected money from me. Exactly after 3 weeks laptop started beeping and dell technicians are saying that, again chip-set gone. But they are not ready to service it for fee. Horrible service from dell, Dell is hell. They are asking me, money again to change the chip-set . I don't think its a chip-set issue, because its occasionally turning on and if it is on. it's working pretty good. Can anyone know exactly what would be the issue?

Mohamed_139

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

Hi, I have Dell inspiron laptop and I also had same problem. When I gave to local service person, he said the same, that is chip set problem. I told not to service and got it back. But I have placed my laptop near the air cooler such that laptop gets plenty of cool air then I switched it on and checked, it did not switched off for long time and screen did not gone black. check the touchpad for heat. If it gets very heated, laptop monitor will go black or laptop will switch off, so you have to keep it cool.