I have lost 2 USBs in one month. Files get erased (including USB software). Does that indicate a fault on the portable mp3 pla

Munashenkomo

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
I have lost 2 USBs in one month. Files get erased (including USB software). Does that indicate a fault on the portable mp3 player?

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
are you ejecting the device or just pulling the USB stick out?

If you pull the stick out without ejecting it first then you will loose files.

If you are ejecting the stick and still getting corruption, it could be the stick, it could be the PC you are using, do you have another one to try?

Munashenkomo

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014

Munashenkomo

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
The mp3 player is the transponder type which plays music via the car radio. It is powered via a cigarette lighter and has a USB port.
On two occasions I have switched of the car with the mp3 player playing. The files on the stick were found to have been erased upon restarting the car!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
henrytcasey Audio 3
J Audio 1
G Audio 1
Paul Wagenseil Audio 1
M Audio 2
henrytcasey Audio 4
Y Audio 5
AndrewFreedman Audio 3
D Audio 1
M Audio 1
G Audio 0
T Audio 1
O Audio 1
G Audio 2
Q Audio 1
A Audio 1
M Audio 3
H Audio 8
TheGamblerUK Audio 5
P Audio 1
Similar threads
Hulu Drops Price to $5.99 Per Month After Netflix Hike
It keeps saying I need to validate my account,what does that mean? I have paid for a 3 month subscription,so now what?
Buy 3 Months of Xbox Live Gold, Get 3 Free
Killer Cord-Cutting Deal: Hulu for 99 Cents Per Month
Sound on headphones coming from different directions. Even though I've used them for months
My Month with the Amazon Fire TV Cube: Pros and Cons
Impossible Ground Loop?? Tried for months.
Amazon Jacks Monthly Prime Prices by 20 Percent
I want please provide call recordind of month of October
My suboofer can't turno, because it stayed 6 months without turno it on. What's the problem?
Amazon Extends Monthly Prime Option to Cash-Strapped Students
I've had a pair of q 12 wireless headphones. & paired em up to my jv7 Verizon phone, for the first month or so they worked gre
Sennheiser RS175 Dying After 5 Months
I bought a new headset for my PS4 3 months ago, the Razer Kraken USB. Since last week other people in the party noticed a hiss
One earplug works after months of good service
Alright so I had professionals hook my system up the subs and amp but I haven't used the car in 2 month's and they were workin
Hi could I buy a audio technica at2020 xlr and get a converter to USB, or should I wait another month to get a blue yeti USB?
It's been 5 months and I still haven t got an answer I've posted about 3 times on the forum and haven't got an answer.
300w amp with a 300w PSU ? Will it work for a few months ?
Anyone Interested in a weekly/monthly Audio Column?

ASK THE COMMUNITY