hello please help i have my VGA converter plugged into my laptop and the other end of the converter (HDMI) plugged into my t.v but it wont pick up any signal to the t.v ??? what am i doing wrong is my laptop outdated?? i had a friend tell me my p.c might me outdated or needs to be upgraded. i have an acer laptop i dont know the year but i know it should be picking up picture ? ive seen a few youtube videos but still cant seem to get it to work..
Have you tried it with a different laptop or a different TV? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
- While the TV is connected to your laptop using that adapter, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Extended or Duplicate display then press Enter and see if you'll get a display from it.
- Next is to try and uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver of your laptop.
- Open Device Manager, right click on the graphics card driver and select Uninstall.
- Download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer site then reboot your laptop.
- After the reboot do press the Windows key + P again then see if it would work with either Extended or Duplicate.
Here's a thread that I found similar with your concern that may be related with yours.