Solved! I have to hit PC to turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2019
Hello, I have MSI GS63 7RD Stealth, recently I have installed/added samsung evo 860 1TB as extra storage, after I have placed the SSD in the PC I have to hit my pc several times before I press the power button and only after that it actually turns on without any problems and works pefectly like there is no issue. Also interesting thing is that I have to hit it in the area where the new SSD is located underneath and also when I tighten up one screw located near the SSD and the power button itself it permanently doesn't turn on no matter how many times I hit so I have to keep that srew lose or removed at all times in order for me to be able to turn it on. Never before I had this problem before I installed the new SSD, what could be the problem and how do I fix it ? Thank you.

Solution
From this video it looks like the hard drive is right next to section where all the battery connectors are. most likely something is not properly plugged in and when screwing it tight, it exasperates the problem. I would open it up and just check and see that all the wires are properly secured and are not stretched tight.

Lutfij

Splendid
Moved this thread to laptop section.

You may want to take note of the space surrounding the SSD's mount. It's not healthy having to beat the system everytime you want to power it up. It's not a creature that has a mind of it;s own, it's a device that will operate as the user intends it to operate, meaning there is user error on your part during installation or that you're overlooking something that is causing a short - which prevents you from powering up.

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop?

Feb 2, 2019

Well the emply slot only had space for a single 2.5 SSD or HDD and the Samsung EVO 860 is an 2.5 SSD , before installation I did some research and found out that I need a special cable to connect the SSD to the motherboard and I bought it on amazon from a seller who claimed that the cable is original and made in MSI factory. Also before installation I watched some tutorial videos on youtube on how to install SSD on my model PC. During the installation I had to connect one part of the cable to the SSD and the other to the motherboard and after that place the SSD in the emply space and give it a small push untill it clicked in place. The SSD fitted in perfectly without any trouble and after I screwed back the back panel I tried to push the power button to start it up but it wouldn't start and then I gave it a small hit to the area I mentioned before and only after that PC turned on. BIOS is not in the latest version as I checked now. But I think I might try to reinstall the SSD again and see if it fixes the problem. I'm afraid to update the BIOS because I never done that before and don't know how to do it and also because I heard if you do it incorrectly it can become corrupt and ruin the PC.

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
From this video it looks like the hard drive is right next to section where all the battery connectors are. most likely something is not properly plugged in and when screwing it tight, it exasperates the problem. I would open it up and just check and see that all the wires are properly secured and are not stretched tight.

Solution
Feb 2, 2019

After I unscrewed the back panel I found one lose wire which was responsible for powering up the PC when I press the on/off button. After I tightened it up and screwed back all the screws PC powered on without any hitting and now works perfectly like before, thank you all for the help !

Status
Not open for further replies.