i have tsr 5810 yamaha receiver and can i connect 8 ohms speakers 120 watt 2standing speakers and another two 6 ohms 100 watts

reddy.bpn

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
i have Yamaha TSR 5810 receiver at present i have different speakers can i connect it to the systems,(1.) two sets are ken-wood 8 ohms 120 watt speakers (2). Sony 6 ohms 100 watt 2 sets another three are 6 ohms 40 watt each .total speakers are 7 nos
and one subwoofer is samsung 3 ohms 175 watts max 375 watt .is it possible to connect it please guide me.

Solution
Your receiver is safe to use with 6 ohm speakers so you can use the all ones you have. The receiver has more power than you need so don't go blasting out right away. Bring the volume up slowly so if you hear any distortion you will know that you have reached the limit of the speakers.
You can't use the passive woofer with the receiver unless you add an amplifier to power it. If you can go for a self powered sub that would be better.
It is important the the front L/C/R speakers be voiced to match. They are also the most critical to the quality so they should be your best speakers. The center speaker is mostly for dialogue so if it should clear at lower volume. The side and rear surrounds aren't as critical.
You will need to set up the...
Your receiver is safe to use with 6 ohm speakers so you can use the all ones you have. The receiver has more power than you need so don't go blasting out right away. Bring the volume up slowly so if you hear any distortion you will know that you have reached the limit of the speakers.
You can't use the passive woofer with the receiver unless you add an amplifier to power it. If you can go for a self powered sub that would be better.
It is important the the front L/C/R speakers be voiced to match. They are also the most critical to the quality so they should be your best speakers. The center speaker is mostly for dialogue so if it should clear at lower volume. The side and rear surrounds aren't as critical.
You will need to set up the receiver so here is a link to the manual
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/tsr-5810/downloads.html#product-tabs

Solution

InvalidError

Distinguished
Can you connect it? Sure, you can connect any speakers to any amplifier. But there are some caveats: hooking up lower impedance speakers than what the amplifier is designed for will make your maximum output power current-limited with higher power dissipation in its drivers than it is intended for which could potentially damage it while hooking up higher impedance speakers will make the amplifier voltage-limited.

If an amplifier output is designed with 8 ohms in mind and you use 4 ohms speakers, P = R * I^2 and for the same maximum output current as 8 ohms, you can only get half as much power on 4 ohms. With half as much voltage across the speakers on 4 ohms, the transistors also have to dissipate as much extra power as it delivers into a 4 ohms speakers compared to 8 ohms.

Plugging 4 ohms speakers into an 8 ohms amplifier will work, albeit only up to ~1/3 of the nominal output power. If you use a driver intended for 8 ohms speakers to drive that 3 ohms sub-woofer, you may only be able to drive it up to 40-50W instead of 175W.

reddy.bpn

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017

Two nos 6 ohm 100 watt speakers i will connect it, its ok,. how about 8 ohms 120 watts speakers and another 3speakers 6 ohms 40 watts can I connect all or only two speaker please