i have upgraded my tashiba satellite c55-b5299 frm default 2gb ram mem to 4gb

loganbj5454

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
now when I got to turn on I get a power light for a few secs nothing spins up or runs after I have installed the new upgrade what is wrong pls help Im worried I have damaged my pc

loganbj5454

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

the upgrade I am trying to install is a pny 4gb ddr3 pc3-10666 says compatiable with windows 8 and 1333mhz to 1066mhz

Remove the new RAM put in the old and try again. If it turns on it's either bad RAM, bad RAM slot that won't run the larger module or it's not compatible with your model laptop.

If you want to make sure you get working RAM, try www.Crucial.com. When you put in your model to find RAM for it, the stuff that comes up is guaranteed compatable. There is a post on Toshiba's forum that the RAM is "ddr3 pc3 12800s" That s after the speed number means it's low voltage. Or should be that at least in all the other sticks I've seen with an s after the speed.

While a lot of RAM and computers that are the same type and speed (and often different speeds are also fine) work well together, some systems are more picky than others, especially computers from the likes of HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc..