I Installed windows home premium. Got a new

Mar 14, 2018
I Installed windows home premium. Got a new blanket hard drive, put it in to install a system on to it, with no success, took it out put mine back in and now I have no system. I have my system and back up on USB but my computer doesn't see it. How can I reinstalled my system without it recognizing the USB? Toshiba Mini Netbook NB-205-N210.

woodson75

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Do you have just the OS install on a usb? If so, are you able to get into the BIOS when you first boot the laptop? (usually F2 or Delete as soon as, or before, you hit the power key). If you have just the OS install, and you can enter the BIOS, then change the boot order to boot from the usb.

Mar 14, 2018

Yes I can get into the BIOS and change the order to the USB, but then it reboots and I select boot from USB, it does nothing. Just sits there and then goes off and comes on to a black screen and says no operating system installed. The USB has my full backup and win 7 Home Premium on it and I can't boot either one of them up.

Mar 14, 2018

• Yes I can get into the BIOS and change the order to the USB, but then it reboots and I select boot from USB, it does nothing. Just sits there and then goes off and comes on to a black screen and says no operating system installed. The USB has my full backup and win 7 Home Premium on it and I can't boot either one of them up.

woodson75

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Try to at least recover access to the original hard drive using the recovery partition steps mentioned in the link I sent.

If that all works (and you want to install W7 on the new blank hdd you bought), then on a separate usb stick, you can download W7 Home Premium direct from Microsoft (do you have a product key for your current W7 install? On a sticker on the laptop maybe?)

Mar 14, 2018
Can u email me directly? [don't post your email address on the forum]. Nothing I do works. I can't do anything besides look at the tabs in the BIOS and a black blank screen.