I just listened to Bluetooth lossless audio for the first time — here’s what happened

Oct 6, 2022
I'm curious: did you try enabling developer options in the phone's system settings to check the Bluetooth audio codec being used or at least supported by the earbuds?

Oct 6, 2022
No one is bragging on its ability to accurately differentiate lossless vs Spotify in blind tests and the reason is obvious. Compression cut only highest frequencies that most people don't hear anyway and when you can hear them it's giving you fatigue instead of pleasure. Lossless audio is just marketing.

Oct 6, 2022
No one is bragging on its ability to accurately differentiate lossless vs Spotify in blind tests and the reason is obvious. Compression cut only highest frequencies that most people don't hear anyway and when you can hear them it's giving you fatigue instead of pleasure. Lossless audio is just marketing.
I guarantee you that you can instantly tell the difference between Spotify (compressed) and AIFF audio on my stereo rig. If you're listening to music through 1/2" speakers, you're doomed to mediocrity.

Oct 6, 2022
Do a blind test. I have tried up to 10k system and the sound is so good that I get bored quickly trying to do better with lossless or worse high Res.

Reactions: Mikey 210
Oct 8, 2022
Funny that the bar is set at CD quality... When the CDs came out were classed as poor quality Vs the vynil!

Oct 6, 2022
Funny that the bar is set at CD quality... When the CDs came out were classed as poor quality Vs the vynil!
True enough; a 12" vinyl LP holds more information than a CD. In practice however, the quality of the recording makes an even bigger difference. The problem in recent years, the so-called "loudness wars," is that music was produced to be compressed, and didn't sound that good uncompressed.

bandit8623

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2013
if the app says aptx adaptive.... you were listiening to adaptive. you were not on lossless. pretty simple.... not a good review. bashing something without actually testing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0
admin Article Commentary 1