I live in Senior housing and it's a brand new building with self leveling gypsum between our floors, without firewalls between

beileen

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Surround sound frequency vibration from tenant below, who is very hard of hearing and refuses managements request to lower the subwoofer. Management cannot detect the issue on a regular basis, as the tenant waers a headset with a subwoofer.

Solution
Sound deadening panels in the offender's apartment? Another thing you can do, in your apartment, is additional carpet padding to deaden sound.

You could also give you neighbor a bill for a nice set of noise cancelling headphones (like the Bose ones I have).

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sound deadening panels in the offender's apartment? Another thing you can do, in your apartment, is additional carpet padding to deaden sound.

You could also give you neighbor a bill for a nice set of noise cancelling headphones (like the Bose ones I have).

Solution
You are not going to be able to isolate your apartment from a subwoofer.
If you could convince him to use a tactile bass shaker instead of a sub it would be better for you but it takes an antisocial type to do what he is doing.
If you can record the sound with a time stamp that would give you some ammo for the building management. There are apps to add time stamps for video recording which should work.
You could also get some of his other neighbors to complain too. More the merrier.
I had a neighbor who was kind enough to wear headphones but sang along at the top of his lungs. Out of key too,

beileen

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

Thank you. One accoustics person said an egg crate textured memory foam under carpeting is a good design to consider under r carpeting...I 'd rather send him that bill because I can't wear the headset while sleeping. But yes my Daughter let mr borrow a oair of her Dr Dre when I'm listening to my tv or music. It worked but I should get the bluetooth for mobility. Thankd for your input.