Question I lost my Dolby Atmos signal on Roku Streaming Stick +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2020
Hello all,

New member, not sure how active this forum is, but hello to you all. I have a baffling (to me anyway) problem....

I just recently lost the Dolby Atmos signal on my Roku Stick+. I no longer see Atmos displayed within the Disney+ app when browsing, nor is it displayed on my AVR. I also checked Prime, and I do not get DA signal there either. The reason I purchased a Roku, was to get Disney+ with Atmos sound, as my TV doesn't support it. Everything was great until a couple weeks ago.

I have confirmed with Disney and my ISP that there are no bandwidth type restrictions in place in Canada. I exceed the minimum requirements for Streaming.

I have read a lot about, and tried many solutions, and none have corrected this issue.

Im thinking its a setting on my AVR, but I cant figure it out.

If anyone might be able to shed some light on, that would be awesome.

Thanks

If you could connect a BD player to check how the receiver works with Atmos discs it would help.
Check the setting menu of the AVR to make sure it's still configured for Atmos.
The fact that you no longer see indications of Dolby Atmos s an option in the app would lead me to blame the Roku or the app rather than the AVR.

Apr 16, 2020
If you could connect a BD player to check how the receiver works with Atmos discs it would help.
Check the setting menu of the AVR to make sure it's still configured for Atmos.
The fact that you no longer see indications of Dolby Atmos s an option in the app would lead me to blame the Roku or the app rather than the AVR.

I dont actually have a BD player atm to test Atmos.

However I do get a Atmos/DD+ signal, displayed on AVR when using Netlfix native app on my TV. So there is some sort of confirmation that Atmos is there, and that my AVR is configured properly. Netflix on Roku is not supported. And I used to get it on displayed on my AVR when playing Disney+ with dolby atmos sound, now it just displays DD+, without the Atmos, like when using Netflix. I got the Roku, so I could get Disney in Atmos sound, and it was there until a couple weeks ago.

According to Roku, it was Disney+ issue. I confirmed with them there is no restrictions. And the only audio options i can find within the disney app itself are Audio Track, no one which have an Atmos option. Is there another set of options for Disney+, because i sure havent found it.

I have everything set, according to Roku, and Ive reset, factory reset, updated, un and re installed disney and nothing. I found out Prime has Atmos on select titles, and when I tried it, it too only displayed DD+, without the Atmos

Today, I even factory reset my AVR, and nothing. My Roku is plugged directly into the AVR. Ive tried every AVR port for Roku, and even connected to my TV and still no Atmos, and the roku device i have supports it. Everything im is up to date. And I dont recall making any changes, that I havent checked and re checked.

It has to be Roku....Im still waiting to hear from Roku, I imagine ill be waiting a while...

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.