i need a DSLR :)

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015
Hello ! I'm looking forward to buy a dslr camera with a compatible lens to quench my narcissistic desires. please help me with this.. im not into DSLR world. And my budget is 400 dollars.
Thanks in advance

Solution

Yes, I'm confident you will enjoy the features of that particular body with those lens combinations!

WVMountie07

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
I bought this same setup a few years back and absolutely love it. The dual lens kit is the best buy (the 55-200mm is worth around $200 by itself). It's capable of 24 mp so you can really blow up some pics with minimal distortion. I know this is a little over your listed budget, but just wanted to give you an idea! You could cut costs by getting the kit with only the 18-55mm (which is a great lens as well).

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-Focus-S/dp/B007VGGFZU

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015
Thanks for the reply ! could you be more specific? Try adding the name of model so that i can be little confident when i buy. Dual lens kit with a body under 400 $ will be affordable by me. could you please help me out. Thanks in advance

WVMountie07

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

I have the Nikon D3200, the link is listed in the post above ^^^. I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it!

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015
okay ! nikon 3200 with dual lens is fine? and dual as in the one which comes with the kit and the other will be 55-200 mm ?
do you suggest any other lens ?
Thank you in advance!

WVMountie07

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

Duel as in two lenses. One is an 18-55, the other is 55-200. Both AF/VR (auto focus/vibration reduction). I'd recommend starting with those then see if they work/don't work based on what you are using them for. That will give you a good idea of whether or not you will need additional lenses.

If you aren't interested in proper photography, just get a good point and shoot and be happy. $400 won't get you decent new equipment, you'll either have to settle for a dslr with less features than a cheap point and shoot, or go with something very old and very used.

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015

Well, i was asking for a compatible DSLR under my budget and i didnt say that i was not interested in proper photography. You can just suggestions if you have a vast knowledge in photography world instead of giving a bland reply.
Thanks in advance

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015

Thank you so much ! i have decided to settle with D3300 with two lenses which you have mentioned (8-55 & 55-200).
is it a okay to go?

Just because you asked for something doesn't mean that you asked the right question for what you actually want. It is clear from your response that you not only don't need a dslr, but will actually end up regretting the purchase. Get yourself a nice point and shoot like the s120 and you will be much happier in the long term. By the time you learn enough about what you want out of photography, you will be able to pick the right camera yourself (and understand why $400 is nowhere near enough )

WVMountie07

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

Yes, I'm confident you will enjoy the features of that particular body with those lens combinations!

Solution

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015

i'm very grateful to you!

WVMountie07

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
If you are interested in editing and have not used any advanced software before, I highly recommend Google Picasa. It's free and allows you to do basic editing. Once you get the hang of that you can move up to a more advanced program.

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015

nice ! i'm good with Photoshop editing and i wanted to learn Typography which is quite a big deal. what do you mean by advanced programs ? is there anything powerful than photoshop? if any , just give me a glimpse about it. Thanks in advance

WVMountie07

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

There is, but photoshop is pretty top tier. I just ordered elements 14 and will give it a try. I have yet to use a program such as that before.

jaigowtham

Estimable
May 24, 2015

Do you have an idea about typography in photoshop? i have tried with online tutorials and those didnt favour me. Do you know a site to learn them ? Anything related to that would be useful. Thanks:)