I need a headset for PC gaming. Need help to make a decision

josh_huang

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hi guys, I am trying to get myself a pair of gaming headset but cannot make my decision with limited knowledge. I have shortlisted the following headsets and I would appreciate that if anyone can help me choosing 1.

Logitech G633
SteelSeries Arctis 5
Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Razer Kraken Chroma

I have another soundbar for movie and music, so this headset will be purely for gaming.
I play FPS games such like PUBG and COD, so I need a set that can help me precisely locating the sources of sound like footsteps and gunshots.
I also play AAA games such as Witcher 3 and Assassin’s Creed, so I will enjoy the set that gives better sound quality than others.
Cost performance is not a factor that I concern. I don’t intend to frequently change my headset, so the price is justified as long as the set can deliver what I seek.

Solution
Although I'm sure each headset has it's own benefits, cut out the Arctis 5 (and any Steelseries Arctis headset). They are horribly designed and VERY uncomfortable. The sound of the Arctis 3 (same drivers as 5 but no dongle) is also marginally worse than the HyperX Cloud Core (which is the same as the Cloud 2 without dongle).

Not sure if it's any indication to the G633, but the Logitech G231 sound pretty bad. They are comfortable, and since it looks like the same pad design, would be comparable to the G633.

In my opinion, go for the HyperX Cloud 2. I have the Cloud Core and they are some of the best headphones for the money. I would personally skip the Cloud 2 but if you are willing to pay more for the USB connector, go ahead.

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Although I'm sure each headset has it's own benefits, cut out the Arctis 5 (and any Steelseries Arctis headset). They are horribly designed and VERY uncomfortable. The sound of the Arctis 3 (same drivers as 5 but no dongle) is also marginally worse than the HyperX Cloud Core (which is the same as the Cloud 2 without dongle).

Not sure if it's any indication to the G633, but the Logitech G231 sound pretty bad. They are comfortable, and since it looks like the same pad design, would be comparable to the G633.

In my opinion, go for the HyperX Cloud 2. I have the Cloud Core and they are some of the best headphones for the money. I would personally skip the Cloud 2 but if you are willing to pay more for the USB connector, go ahead.

Solution

hoanmac

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
I would agree there. I have the Cloud Core's and they are pretty awesome for the money. Only because this is your first set would be why I say might as well jump the II's because of the dongle etc.

josh_huang

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Thanks, looks like I will go for Cloud 2...considering it outperforms the rest and costs less at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS