I need a straight forward response.

Johntron1

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
The following was posted on Microsoft Answers fourm after being told to contact Microsoft from AVG. I'm not sure what they do at MS HQ besides giving out stupid advice, but they couldn't give me an answer. If anyone could give me some advice on what's happening it would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for reading this prefix.

Hey guys.
The past week I have been getting loads of virus detections. I use AVG Internet Security, (the paid version) so it catches these threats before they install onto my computer. This past week I've been getting a detection almost everyday! Each threat is different but the domain of the threats varies. When it started a week ago threats were coming through port 80 and 443, now they're coming from webpages, (and I'm not even being redirected to them).
I've done everything from sfc /scan to safemode scans and nothing, so AVG is picking these threats up in real time. No harm has been done, but how do I stop this? It's driving me crazy. Should I close some ports, check some PID's? Not really sure how to stop this.
I am a wireless user, and there are about 6 people in my house who are active wifi users as well. Could my router be hacked?
Here's an example of one that just popped up, as of writing this question!
http://i.imgur.com/Cuf5FMq.png

<<Reminder. This is a family friendly site. Keep it clean please. Edited for inappropriate content.>>

Solution
Hi,

Yes, it is reported by EVG but some antivirus monitor that as well same as Kaspersky. Now, I remembered had something like this endless annoying notifications for errors and seems it was in the version so I went back to an old one (Or formatted the PC, been a long time), so try that.

CCcleare should work but seems the paid one only not the free one.
Manually > Window key + r > enter temp > delete everything in the folder.

As for Kaspersky if non of the previous things work, try it as it has a1 month fully enabled for free.

Regards,

IceMyth

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi,

At first port 80 and 443 are using for web-browsing so don't disable them.

What you can do:
1- The link was blocked in the image, i think, it is part of an Add maybe can be harmful maybe not (try add-blocker).
2- Try to delete everything in the Temp folder, as some files (maybe infected files ) resides there.
3- Try Kaspersky Internet Security and see if the problem persist or it disappear.
4- Try malware remover, as antivirus can't deal with malwares

Lastly, I don't know how good EVG is now, but if I remember long time ago it was detecting its own files as virus.

Regards,

Johntron1

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

The image that pops up is a legitimate AVG message telling me that a thread was blocked. I pay for 'real time' protection, this is just a reflection of that.

(Stupid question but) If I run something like Ccleaner would that clean my temp folder?

I've ran malwarebytes in safemode as well as an AVG scan in safemode and nothing harmful was detected.

AVG is known for false positives, yes. But from the links provided, (from the live protection popup) a link is provided to what virus it blocked and it is legitimate.

IceMyth

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi,

Yes, it is reported by EVG but some antivirus monitor that as well same as Kaspersky. Now, I remembered had something like this endless annoying notifications for errors and seems it was in the version so I went back to an old one (Or formatted the PC, been a long time), so try that.

CCcleare should work but seems the paid one only not the free one.
Manually > Window key + r > enter temp > delete everything in the folder.

As for Kaspersky if non of the previous things work, try it as it has a1 month fully enabled for free.

Regards,

Solution

Johntron1

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
This shit happened a year ago as well, happened for about 2 weeks.
There are many wifi users in my house, at least 10 all on the same network quite frequently.
There's nothing in my temp folder that looks suspicious I think it's just the consequences that come with so many people using your wifi at once. Going to where ever, whenever.