I need a surround receiver

Doicraft

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I have some speakers and I need a receiver to power them.

http://www.polkaudio.com/monitor-75t/d/1039 (Two of those)

http://www.polkaudio.com/cs10/d/1005C3048

I've also got a subwoofer but that doesn't need to be powered.

I know it's shitty to just say 'I have these find me a receiver please.' but I have tried looking around and I really just don't know what to look for. All I really want is something to power my speakers and also has an aux input and I'm good. I don't want anything with multiple channels because all I will be using this for is an aux input.

Thank you.

(I was looking at this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-500w-5-1-ch-4k-ultra-hd-and-3d-pass-through-a-v-home-theater-receiver/4183019.p;jsessionid=3567F619F1C9DD62B65FD76EAADB4518.bbolsp-app03-110?id=1219096894548&skuId=4183019&st=categoryid$abcat0202003&cp=1&lp=2

but it's very pricy and overkill to be honest.)

If you want to use the center speaker you will need a surround receiver since you will have a 3.1 channel system. If you don't use the center then you can use any stereo receiver. If you are only going to connect the receiver with a stereo analog input then I would find a used surround receiver such as an older Marantz. The video switching and surround functions will be dated for most people but if you are only feeding 2 channel analog then you won't need those features.
By the way a $250 surround receiver is at the very low end of the range for this.

If you want to use the center speaker you will need a surround receiver since you will have a 3.1 channel system. If you don't use the center then you can use any stereo receiver. If you are only going to connect the receiver with a stereo analog input then I would find a used surround receiver such as an older Marantz. The video switching and surround functions will be dated for most people but if you are only feeding 2 channel analog then you won't need those features.
By the way a $250 surround receiver is at the very low end of the range for this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 6
S Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Maineman Streaming Video & TVs 3