Question I need help figuring out how to make my hdmi ports on the TV connect.

Dec 17, 2019
I bought a brand new hisense r6 series 4k uhd TV yesterday, and got home and hooked it up and the hdmi ports are not working. Keeps saying its searching and it picks up on the TV but continues saying no signal. I dont understand it. Please help me. I bought all new hdmi cords. The expensive ones. And I cant find anything online for help. Thank you.

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
Are the devices on the HDMI cables turned on?
On my Samsung it only searches for cable/TV signals and the smart stuff on the internet. I have to select which HDMI I want to watch. I have labeled them so I know which to select, my Samsung DVD player will actuall tell TV to switch to its HDMI at power on.

Are you sure the TV isn't looking to scan for over the air channels which it won't find if you don't have an antenna connected?
As suggested above turn on the HDMI source and then select the HDMI input you want. Some smart TVs make you do that from the home screen.

Jan 11, 2020
Are you sure the TV isn't looking to scan for over the air channels which it won't find if you don't have an antenna connected?
As suggested above turn on the HDMI source and then select the HDMI input you want. Some smart TVs make you do that from the home screen.
To add on, your remote probably has a button called Input (or inputs). Press it and find the correct hdmi port to connect to

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K TVs 0
L TVs 0
G TVs 2
T TVs 1
I TVs 0
B TVs 3
svnaidu TVs 0
J TVs 4
anontvuser23 TVs 1
H TVs 3
ReaperRSV TVs 4
S TVs 1
E TVs 1
Nonotech TVs 3
B TVs 1
I TVs 2
R TVs 1
Rosebud64 TVs 2
H TVs 1
P TVs 1
Similar threads
Question How to give monitor bluetooth capabilities so that i can connect my soundbar?
Question Is there any way to connect an LG wireless soundbar (SH3K) to a Samsung TV that doesn't have an optical audio out connection?
Question TV signal lost after splitter connect
Question Help Westinghouse LTV 32W6 HD ANT Antenna connection how do I find channels...
Question Connect old Yamaha Receiver to modern TV & DVD Player
Question LG 28" TV with no audio out and no digital out how to connect bose surround sound speakers?
Question Normal hdmi in on TV can be connected to HDMI out arc port on Home theatre for Video output since it has two hdmi in for devices such as firestick
Question Sony Bravia TV KDL-40R510C Can't get any sound when I plug the cable HDMI plug into the TV HDMI 2 port.
Question TV HDMI port plugged in and out over 2000 times. Still works but can picture quality be affected or damaged?
Question I'm trying to hook up an indoor antenna to the TV antenna port (75ohm external terminal), but the coaxial cable won't fit into the Antenna port.
Discussion Connecting multiple hdmi devices to tv, not enough ports
Question Need help figuring how to connect new roku tv to old pioneer stereo.
Question I have no sound from any HDMI ports - samsung tv, model UA40ES5600
Question Detached cable port
Question Trying to figure out what my 2008 samsung plasma 58" TV, model #PN58A650T1FXZA is worth
Question I have a TCL Roku TV with one usb port, can I use a splitter?
Question Faulty HDMI ports on Sony XBR75X850E (2017 model LED)
Question No hdmi ports
Question I have a Samsung QLED Q6 Model what is the best HDMI port for gaming to use?
Question Samsung UHD 6 Series (UN4NU6900) without RCA ports (only optical) and no dual audio capability - Question:

ASK THE COMMUNITY