Solved! I need help figuring out how to make my hdmi ports on the TV connect.

Dec 17, 2019
I bought a brand new hisense r6 series 4k uhd TV yesterday, and got home and hooked it up and the hdmi ports are not working. Keeps saying its searching and it picks up on the TV but continues saying no signal. I dont understand it. Please help me. I bought all new hdmi cords. The expensive ones. And I cant find anything online for help. Thank you.

Solution
Are you sure the TV isn't looking to scan for over the air channels which it won't find if you don't have an antenna connected?
As suggested above turn on the HDMI source and then select the HDMI input you want. Some smart TVs make you do that from the home screen.

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
Are the devices on the HDMI cables turned on?
On my Samsung it only searches for cable/TV signals and the smart stuff on the internet. I have to select which HDMI I want to watch. I have labeled them so I know which to select, my Samsung DVD player will actuall tell TV to switch to its HDMI at power on.

Jan 11, 2020
Are you sure the TV isn't looking to scan for over the air channels which it won't find if you don't have an antenna connected?
As suggested above turn on the HDMI source and then select the HDMI input you want. Some smart TVs make you do that from the home screen.
To add on, your remote probably has a button called Input (or inputs). Press it and find the correct hdmi port to connect to