I need help with customizing my Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I need help with customizing my Internet Explorer.

Problem number 1, here is how the top of my internet explorer looks like right now.
internet3s.png

Is there anyway I save some space and make it look something like this (pardon my photo editing skills, I use Windows Paint :))

internet4.png

Problem number 2, how do I disable internet explorer bring down drop suggestions when I type something in the address bar or search engine. Here is what I am talking about. See when I type in tomshardware in the address bar, it gives me suggested website and the history. Is there a way i can disable that so it does not give me any suggestions, only show what I type in the bar and nothing else. I thought disabled several options that might do this, but turns out those options had nothing to do with this problem.

internet5.png

Problem number 3, when I open multiple tabs, Windows 7 shows that I have multiple windows open for that program, when it is really just tabs.

For example, if I have 3 tabs open, my internet explorer on my taskbar looks like this:

internet1.png

is there a way I can just make it look like this regardless of how many tabs I have open (it used to do this by default on firefox and google crome):

internet2b.png

Problem number 4, no spell check in internet explorer, as you can probably notice in this post :)

EDIT: I am using the most up to date internet explorer.

EDIT: I found a solution to problem 4, and I fixed problem 2.

Still trying to figure out problem 1 and 3 now.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Thank man, found the setting to fix my icon issue.

I can live with the over-sized border. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.