I need my music to play through my speakers

sasearlesii

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Hello all,

I have a Dell laptop with an hdmi port and a LG with an hdmi port. Previously I had a laptop with a vga and a screen with a monitor with a vga screen and I had no problem with the video and graphics coming through my tv and the sound going through my JBL speakers. I had a chord running to my mixer from my laptop. Please advise as what I need for the sound to play through my speakers with a hdmi chord.

Solution
First, plug in the HDMI cable and make sure you have a picture.

Then go to your control panel, go to the SOUND option, under playback devices, find the HDMI device. It might say LG TV or something. Right click on that and select MAKE DEFAULT DEVICE.

This will set the HDMI to be the default sound option and it should play all your sound now.
First, plug in the HDMI cable and make sure you have a picture.

Then go to your control panel, go to the SOUND option, under playback devices, find the HDMI device. It might say LG TV or something. Right click on that and select MAKE DEFAULT DEVICE.

This will set the HDMI to be the default sound option and it should play all your sound now.

Solution

sasearlesii

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

sasearlesii

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

sasearlesii

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks so much for the feedback, but my dilemma is that I don't want the sound to come through the HDMI cord. I want the sound to go to my mixer board to the speakers. Right now it plays through the TV that's connected with the HDMI cord. Please advise.