i need to hook up a old surround sound using video 2 and video 3 to 2 cable boxes. one cable box is hd and the other is standa

frustrated204

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
i am going to be buying a new tv and i an soooooooo confused. i want to be able to use all my equipment that i have now. my 2 cable boxes and i am running them through my surround sound system and am also watching 2 cable boxes through the home theater. so i am using video 2 and video 3 on my surround sound. each one goes to a different cable box. lots of rca jacks and switching inputs on the tv to got to video 2 and again to video 3. can anybody tell me how i can possibly save my hook up. one of my cable boxes is an hd cable box and the other is standard. please help. and i know nothing about hook ups. even hooking up this was difficult. please help me. sincere thanks. mary

Solution
The "correct" way to do this is to connect all audio and video signals (either separate RCA, or HDMI/optical) to your receiver, and use it to select what you will watch, while using the TV just for video.

Mine crystal ball took a week off, and without knowing your receiver / STBs model numbers, I can't give anything more specific.
The "correct" way to do this is to connect all audio and video signals (either separate RCA, or HDMI/optical) to your receiver, and use it to select what you will watch, while using the TV just for video.

Mine crystal ball took a week off, and without knowing your receiver / STBs model numbers, I can't give anything more specific.

Solution