i plugged a samsang galaxy s4 into my windows 8 toshiba laptop, as soon as i did it turned off and is now showing no sign of l

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like a possible short occurred.

Disconnect the phone from the laptop. Remove the battery from the phone. Wait a couple minutes and replace the battery and attempt to power on. Does it work?

Also, if you connect your charger to the phone, does the charging indicator show?

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Try this:
1. Remove the phone and cable from the laptop.
2. Remove the laptop battery (if you can)
3. Wait 15 seconds and then put the battery back in.
4. Power up the laptop.

Let me know how it goes.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Try this, but add a step 2.5. With the battery removed, press the power button to discharge any residual power stored in system components.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Will the laptop power on with the battery removed and only the AC adapter connector attached?

It really does sound as if the laptop was shorted at this point. If under warranty, you should be able to get exchanged/repaired. Plugging in USB devices obviously should not cause these sorts of issues.

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
What do you need to do in your work? if so, you have a mobile phone... Don't freak out here! If there is something important on your laptop, take the hard drive out and put it into a desktop. You have 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.