I spent a week testing the ROG Zephyrus G14 — I already love it more than my expensive gaming PC

Jun 24, 2023
I’ve been building PCs for 30 years — now I’d just fix the EFI partition instead of spending 2x + what I should on a space heater.

Aug 27, 2023
I have this laptop but in the 4060 variant (I am in the US) and while I agree with pretty much everything he wrote (as much as I can given he tested the highest end one and I have what is considered the entry level. I added basic things like a 4TB NVME and another 32GB of memory), one thing I am curious about is his mentioning of the fans and how quiet they are. So you mean to tell me that your unit with the 4090, is quieter then mine with the 4060? Normally I use headphones when I game so overall it is not a bother, but without headphones, it is like having a room fan on HIGH. Then there is the heat output of this thing. Under gaming loads I frequently hit temps around 90-95C. Granted I am sure that Asus designed it this way with its cooling setup, but I became so concerned about those temps that I purchased a well recommended laptop cooler (well recommended on the Reddit forums anyway) which, while also sounding like a jet engine, manages to keep those temps between 80-85C, and looks cool as well with its RGB lighting :)

My main concern is that yes, the GPU and CPU were designed to run hot like this with no issues, what about the other components? What about the exhaust ports blowing that hot air out of the back. When gaming and it would hit those 90-95C (190F-203F) temps, a LOT of that hot air is blowing right on the bottom of the screen and going up . While the bottom bezel is pretty large, did they use a high temp adhesive to hold it in place?

Anyway with that aside, another thing worth noting, some claim that the iGPU is also capable of running some games as well, the 780M . I have yet to try this on games I play but if it is true, that could be another positive for this machine!