Solved! I Spill My Drink To My Laptop Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaronix

Estimable
May 20, 2015
helloo…. I want to ask something
2 days ago I spilled my drink to my keyboard... I spilled a sweet lemon tea

I instantly turn my laptop and use a microfiber towel to absorp the tea and leave it for 6 hours

after I check it again.. all the button still working fine... but the problem is some of the button is sticky

is there anyway to fix this... how should i clean my laptop keyboard... ty

my keyboard is ASUS TUF GAMING FX505GE

Solution
You need to turn off the laptop, remove anything connected to it, pull the charger and the battery and leave it off.

Next, open up the laptop (not power I mean physically open it up) and let it sit that way for a day or two. Yes, I did say a day or two. And that isn't all.

Once all that could be in there has dried, you need to carefully (very carefully) go back into it and using something like say isopropyl alcohol or something very similar, clean up all the sticky residue left by the drink. Then, again, leave it to dry for a day or so.

After that, unless something was damaged in your trying to use it while still not clear, or something else got damaged, it should work fine.
You need to turn off the laptop, remove anything connected to it, pull the charger and the battery and leave it off.

Next, open up the laptop (not power I mean physically open it up) and let it sit that way for a day or two. Yes, I did say a day or two. And that isn't all.

Once all that could be in there has dried, you need to carefully (very carefully) go back into it and using something like say isopropyl alcohol or something very similar, clean up all the sticky residue left by the drink. Then, again, leave it to dry for a day or so.

After that, unless something was damaged in your trying to use it while still not clear, or something else got damaged, it should work fine.

Solution

yaronix

Estimable
May 20, 2015

maybe ill try to clean it with alcohol.. ty for the tips

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
yaronix,
Do your keys lift off?
If so make sure all power is removed. Use a qtip and alcohol, remove 1 or two keys at a time (Q-tip should be damp not drippy) clean around each key lifting membrane if it lifts.
Take your time and dont lose any keys.
Note; two small screwdrivers one on each side of key should lift it. If it doesn't want to lift easily then don't break.

Status
Not open for further replies.