I stopped paying for internet and changed to my telephones mobile hotspot. My skystream Android TV box used to work fine but w

Pb33141

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Issue Connecting Android TV Box to my cell phone's Mobile Hotspot. It worked fine using a Router / WIFI.

Solution
Believe it or not, i use only a hotspot to access the web and watch tv, my hotspot does not dethroatle or bump u due to useage, in a month, i use close to 300gigs, my hotspot is turned on and i used a bridge to pick up the wireless signal, then plugged the bridhe into my Netgeat nighthawk box and was able to connect up to 10 wireless devices and plug my android/kodi directly into my nighthawk wifi, u are taking a wireless hotspot signal to wired and wireless thru a nighthawk wifi box, b4 i connected with just hotspot at 30-50mbps, and could not use my kodi, but once i connected this way, kodi runs fine but i still use kodi jarvis as i am affraid to update my kodi in this configuration, kodi jarvis works great and streams everything...

Pb33141

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017

Yes. I had he IP address connected to my hotspot with a password.
I took out the password to let any device connect just to see if it made a difference.
I can watch YouTube videos but no streaming. No KODI at all.

Pb33141

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017

Not sure but thanks.
I only read some KODI info.

Aug 19, 2017

Aug 19, 2017
Believe it or not, i use only a hotspot to access the web and watch tv, my hotspot does not dethroatle or bump u due to useage, in a month, i use close to 300gigs, my hotspot is turned on and i used a bridge to pick up the wireless signal, then plugged the bridhe into my Netgeat nighthawk box and was able to connect up to 10 wireless devices and plug my android/kodi directly into my nighthawk wifi, u are taking a wireless hotspot signal to wired and wireless thru a nighthawk wifi box, b4 i connected with just hotspot at 30-50mbps, and could not use my kodi, but once i connected this way, kodi runs fine but i still use kodi jarvis as i am affraid to update my kodi in this configuration, kodi jarvis works great and streams everything.
Hope this helps
Mike
Electrician by trade, novice computer user, sometimes common sense works when u think it won't..

Solution