I thnk I shorted my laptop

CocaColaGamer

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
1
0
1,510
0
I dropped my laptop in the bath (silly mistake), so obviously I put it straight into a tray of rice as quickly as humanly possible. After a few days in rice and about 3 weeks in the airer, I can't get it to behave. When I press the power button, the power light comes on, but nothing else happens, and after about 15 secs, the power light goes off again. Is there anything to do to repair it as I'm not the kind of person with £1000 lying around.
 

mikef845

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
19
0
10,570
3
The CMOS battery or main battery might have been ruined by water. Have you tried unplugging the power cable and taking the batteries out. Hold down the power button for 30s. Plug the power cable back in and see if it works. Then put the batteries in and see if it works.
 

mikef845

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
19
0
10,570
3
The CMOS battery or main battery might have been ruined by water. Have you tried unplugging the power cable and taking the batteries out. Hold down the power button for 30s. Plug the power cable back in and see if it works. Then put the batteries in and see if it works.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
E Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 4
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 14
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 13
I Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY