I want to improve the graphics card on my desktop but I'm not sure if I can (compatibility)

adenny88

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
I have the Dell Inspiron with the i5-6400 processor and 12GB RAM. I would like to swap out the current graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 530) with the GeForce GTX 960 (2GB or 4GB). Only question is, is this possible? And would it be compatible and run well? And should I do the 2GB or 4GB? Sorry my knowledge on computers is limited, I realized that my graphics card is garbage and that my processor could work with something a little more advanced. I just want to be able to run some games more smoothly.

Solution
since it is a desktop there is no big deal, but make sure it is the very mark, if the formal was intel the new should also be intel and thesame size

Belmond_1

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
since it is a desktop there is no big deal, but make sure it is the very mark, if the formal was intel the new should also be intel and thesame size

Solution

hoodedninja22

Estimable
Feb 28, 2015

Well, the power supply, to make sure that you have the needed connectors. If it were me though, I would get the 1060 due to so much more power for not much more at all.

TRENDING THREADS