I was wondering if someone could rate this laptop for me. ( mediocre gaming )

Ramon284

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
Well, I'm looking for a laptop which can run current games on low-medium settings (30+ FPS), and ofcourse on sort of a budget ( not a set amount ). Currently I stumbled upon this one ;

http://www.mediamarkt.nl/mcs/product/ACER-Aspire-V3-772G-54208G50MAKK,10259,482723,971096.html?langId=-11

( sorry for the site being Dutch, shouldn't be too hard to understand though )

At first it looked good, however I realized that the benchmarks on notebookcheck were done with I7 processors. I also feel like the 4GB of dedicated RAM on the graphics card may be unneccesary, and then I also realized that a 1900x1080 screen would maybe even be setting me back in video performance...

I understand that desktops are better ofcourse, but I simply can't be bothered with a desktop for a number of reasons.

What do you guys think? I wouldn't mind having a 15.6 inch laptop with 1366x768 resolution, however every laptop I find has atleast 1 flaw with it.

Recommendations are welcome too !

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Portables are not good for running games. No matter what you do it will over heat quickly. You can get much more for your money by building a gaming desktop. Most of the people on this board would be glad to help. Portables are useful for those occasions where mobility is required. That does not include games.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ahmad-PC- Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3