I would like to purchase a Laptop. Please help

riz987

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
So I am planning to purchase a Laptop, my main requirement in a Laptop is that it should run smoothly without lags and should run MySQL, would love if it can play some games like GTA 5.

I've got 2 options to choose from.
1. The MacBook Pro
Apple MacBook Pro 9,2/i5 3210M/4GB Ram/500GB HDD/DVD-RW/13"/Unibody

It's a 2012 model and it's RAM and HDD can be upgraded. I know SQL server doesn't works on Mac but I heard after some twerks we can install MySql.

2. AMD Laptop
HP G0-49AU/A8-6410/4GB Ram/500GB HDD/DVD-RW/15"/Windows 10

This looks good though, price is not an option. Please help.

I'm afraid something has to give - there's no way GTA V will run on either of those machines! Steam lists a quad-core CPU, 8GBs of RAM, and at least 2GBs of dedicated VRAM as 'recommended' specs - and from personal experience I have to say that those are more like 'minimum' requirements in order to play the game to any enjoyable degree.

If price is not an issue (that's what you meant, right?) and MySQL is a central part of your workload, you really should consider a powerful workstation, e.g. a Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Precision or HP zBook. These will send you past $2,000 in the blink of an eye, but you'll get a 7th gen i7 CPU, a 4GB Quadro GPU, and between 512GBs and 1TB of SSD storage (SATA) with an optional M.2 slot (PCI-NVMe).

These machines are designed primarily to handle professional CAD projects and render large-scale simulations. As such they make no concession to 'fuel efficiency' or overall styling - meaning they look nothing like a MacBook and TDP consumption starts at 60 Watts. But they will be able to run games like GTA V without problems.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

riz987

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Yes, I am sorry to provide half of the information and I couldn't recollect of any games at that point of time, hence GTA 5(idk what I was thinking) but as you have mentioned GTA 5 is a highly graphics game. My main option was to run the SQL server. I was thinking to purchase a Mac though, however, as advised by a friend, I've purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad E470-20H1A07FIG and it works like charms.

Thanks for the help.
Appreciated.
Riz