Solved! I3 processor support for old lang software & comp. sc. related s/w

processor

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
can i operate all old language software and computer science related software on i3 processor. plz reply soon i m in grt hurry. hlp me

Solution
It's possible that older compilers will have timing issues considering that newer CPUs are magnitudes faster than the CPUs such compilers were originally made for, like if you're using something for a 286. I've only had the problem once, and I can't even remember the compiler I was using. Anyway, my old DOS Turbo C++ compiler runs fine under command line in Windows XP as does Turbo Pascal and QBasic. If the compiler is actually old enough that it had specific DOS optimizations that won't work under the good ol command line, chances are someone in the Open Source Community has written a compiler for it to work in modern operating systems.

We can help you more if you tell us exactly what languages you are interested in.

frozenlead

Distinguished
What software you can run (in terms of backward compatibility) will be dependent (in 99% of cases) on the OS alone, not the CPU. The i3 will probably do fine.

It would be nice if you actually said what software you were using, though.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
It's possible that older compilers will have timing issues considering that newer CPUs are magnitudes faster than the CPUs such compilers were originally made for, like if you're using something for a 286. I've only had the problem once, and I can't even remember the compiler I was using. Anyway, my old DOS Turbo C++ compiler runs fine under command line in Windows XP as does Turbo Pascal and QBasic. If the compiler is actually old enough that it had specific DOS optimizations that won't work under the good ol command line, chances are someone in the Open Source Community has written a compiler for it to work in modern operating systems.

We can help you more if you tell us exactly what languages you are interested in.

Solution