Solved! i5 2410M gpu failure

Aug 10, 2018
I have an old laptop HP Probook 6560b with i5 2410M and Intel HD 3000 gpu. AFAIK, gpu is integrated in cpu. The laptop stopped displaying picture the other day so I'm wondering is it possible that gpu is gone? If I replace the cpu, will it work again? It doesn't display anything at all on laptop screen, even bios messages are not being displayed, nothing. I hooked up external monitor to vga port and got nothing at bios startup (black screen only) but after that I got a scrambled picture for few seconds. I could hardly recognize Windows blue screen with barely readable message video tdr failure. How can I be sure it's cpu problem and not the motherboard?

Thanks,
Z.

Solution
Since the video card is in the CPU, you would have to replace the CPU to see if the issue is with the video chip. It may be that chip, but may be an issue with the motherboard or RAM since the video uses system RAM. I'd try different RAM first.
Since the video card is in the CPU, you would have to replace the CPU to see if the issue is with the video chip. It may be that chip, but may be an issue with the motherboard or RAM since the video uses system RAM. I'd try different RAM first.

Solution
Aug 10, 2018
It's not the RAM. I have two RAM pcs so I tried with each and in each slot. A friend is comp. tech and says that in 99% of cases motherboard dies and not the cpu/gpu chip. Ah well... bougth the laptop a month ago and is already dead :(
Maybe I'll buy cpu and try that first since it's much easier to replace it than mbo.