Apr 19, 2018
Hi!
I just got a MSI gl62m 7RD laptop with an Intel i5 7300hq CPU and im wondering on what options I should enable in BIOS for best performance in games.
MSIs BIOS is very limited and these are the only options I can change so please help me out on what to enable and disable.

Intel SpeedStep enable/disable?
ERP lot 3 support enable/disable?
Intel VMX Virtualization Technology enable/disable?
VT-d enable/disable?
Hyper- threading enable/disable?
CPU C states enable/disable?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Leave the BIOS settings alone.

If your laptop is a dual-graphics model (ie has an Intel + AMD GPU or Intel + Nvidia GPU), just make sure you configure each game to use the high-performance GPU (ie not the Intel one).

You do that in either Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Centre, whichever applies to your laptop.

Leave the BIOS settings alone.

If your laptop is a dual-graphics model (ie has an Intel + AMD GPU or Intel + Nvidia GPU), just make sure you configure each game to use the high-performance GPU (ie not the Intel one).

You do that in either Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Centre, whichever applies to your laptop.

Solution
laptop bios are quite limited unless u opt for a higher end model.usually the manufacturer already set the bios as optimal as it could be unless u want to mod the bios to unlock advance option.so the best thing to do is to leave it alone.