IE and Chrome won't open in Windows 8.1Pro

kiote1963

Estimable
May 2, 2014
After closing a game I tried to open chrome and it said "Whoa!Chrome has crashed" and 2nd error says Server execution failed. Also IE won't either, just says not responding. Firefox opens fine...any help is greatly appreciated.

Update...I can fix it by restoring it back to the date I installed the OS however EVERY time the OS updates IE and Chrome quit working again...has anyone found a permanent fix for this?
I have tried the following.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.
Changing path in Chrome.
Trying to add "-no-sandbox"
Compatibility mode

Steve

kiote1963

Estimable
May 2, 2014

I tried system restore already...didn't fix it, also tried deleting and re-installing...didn't fix.

kiote1963

Estimable
May 2, 2014

Yes, scanned with Defender and Malwarebytes...not fixed, The weird thing is Chrome worked great for a week and then BAM doesn't work...just strange.

kiote1963

Estimable
May 2, 2014

Just fixed it...Opened system recovery/restore and restored it back to the original install date and for now that fixed it. The restore points I tried before did not fix it.

kiote1963

Estimable
May 2, 2014

I didn't the first time, this time I went back to the day I installed the OS and once I knew it worked I made a new restore point and named it Chrome...just in case. Thanks for your responses.

oldrkp

Estimable
May 13, 2014
Use best antivrus like Protegent antivirus to protect your syatem and uninstall IE and chrome and download new and latest version and install both IE & Chrome and enjoy with your systems without any problem.