If I have my camera in the mode that shows the display of what I'm trying to take a picture of - it won't take a picture. If

Solution
When you have it the mode that shows the display of what you're trying to take a picture of are you using the shutter button in an attempt to take a picture? If yes, have you tried touching the screen instead. I know it sounds odd but it is possible. Will you provide the make and model of the camera (Sony, Canon, Samsung, Nikon, etc.)? Knowing that will greatly help in finding you a solution.

grandmaflower

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017

If I have my camera in the mode that shows the display of what I'm trying to take a picture of - it won't take a picture. If I have that mode turned off and just use the view finder, it takes pictures just fine. What am I doing wrong.

grandmaflower

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
If I have my camera in the mode that shows the display of what I'm trying to take a picture of - it won't take a picture. If I have that mode turned off and just use the view finder, it takes pictures just fine. What am I doing wrong.

When you have it the mode that shows the display of what you're trying to take a picture of are you using the shutter button in an attempt to take a picture? If yes, have you tried touching the screen instead. I know it sounds odd but it is possible. Will you provide the make and model of the camera (Sony, Canon, Samsung, Nikon, etc.)? Knowing that will greatly help in finding you a solution.

Solution