If i have the AMD Phenom ll x2 565 Black Edition and the ASUS M5A78L MB with coreunlocker feature will it be easy to unlock?

Bamse

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
If i have the AMD Phenom ll x2 565 Black Edition and the ASUS M5A78L MB with coreunlocker feature will it be easy to unlock?
Im kinda noob on these things with overclocking and unlocking stuff :)

Solution
depends. understand not ALL phIIs had functioning additional cores. Many of the dual and triple cored cpus had faulty cores out of production which was why AMD made them dual or triple cored cpus. So there is a percentage of PhII cpus that simply don't have functioning cores to unlock. That said not all of the dual and triple cored cpus had bad cores, and just were quad core cpus with cores turned off.

Use the core unlocker and see what happens. all i can tell you. just know it's not a guarenteed result.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
depends. understand not ALL phIIs had functioning additional cores. Many of the dual and triple cored cpus had faulty cores out of production which was why AMD made them dual or triple cored cpus. So there is a percentage of PhII cpus that simply don't have functioning cores to unlock. That said not all of the dual and triple cored cpus had bad cores, and just were quad core cpus with cores turned off.

Use the core unlocker and see what happens. all i can tell you. just know it's not a guarenteed result.

Solution

Bamse

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

Ok thanks :) Let´s see what happens