If I send my laptop for warranty, Will they be able to access my user without the password?

Jun 13, 2018
I think the title explains it all. Our computer had an administrator user from the very first, but my laptop doesn't seem to have it. So I'm wondering if they have to check the only user instead, Or if they can access the administrator without using my user.

Solution
There are ways of opening the System Administrator account but in your case, all your personal data will be on show. Your password is only good in Windows - outside the box and slaved to a Linux system, anyone is able to see everything.

The safest thing to do is to cut all the files and paste them on to a memory stick. Cut and paste deletes them properly but maks sure you empty the Recycle Bin before letting the machine go.

Most manufacturers play nicely but you can never be certain unless you delete the files.
There are ways of opening the System Administrator account but in your case, all your personal data will be on show. Your password is only good in Windows - outside the box and slaved to a Linux system, anyone is able to see everything.

The safest thing to do is to cut all the files and paste them on to a memory stick. Cut and paste deletes them properly but maks sure you empty the Recycle Bin before letting the machine go.

Most manufacturers play nicely but you can never be certain unless you delete the files.

Solution