If spyware got information of my pc machine name and ip, how easily can they break into the pc with that info?

dasbpt

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Also how vulnerable for attacks is Windows 7 before installing all the updates? I am little concerned because i need internet connection to download updates but it also puts pc at risk

Solution
Unless you're Bill, there isn't a person that's coming to hack you. Most spyware just gets on your pc and works as it's programmed to do. If you did a fresh install then it's gone and it never knew it even existed. Every site you go to knows your ip, but it isn't going to be worth anyone's time to try to personally hack a normal Joe's pc.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Windows 7 without its respective updates is rather vulnerable. However, as long as you don't put any personal information on the computer before installing the updates, you won't be at risk of losing it.

Also, antivirus programs can be installed before you install the updates. I personally recommend Avast Antivirus Free. In the installer menu, I usually only install Online Protection, File Protection, Mail Protection and the updater. Anything else is unneeded unless you plan to put personal or financial information on the computer.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Yes, but it's very unlikely. You see, when you first set up a computer, it takes time for hackers to notice it.

Another thing you can do to help protect yourself is to go into Services and make sure that IP Helper is set to Automatic, and start it if it's not already running.

This helps against IP attacks, even if you don't have security updates installed yet.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Please understand that getting hacked is about as likely as winning the jackpot in the PA lottery. It's highly unlikely.

The best thing to do is just verify all software before you download it, this way you know what you're installing and can make sure that nothing is going to track you.

dasbpt

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
I am assuming i had spyware in my pc earlier, and when i get new pc i wanna make sure i wont get infected by the same criminals when i plug the new pc online.

dasbpt

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Ccleaner was mysteriously disappeared and i read some malware does that. Then usef ubuntu briefly and scanned with clamAv and it found 50 infected files which sounds crazy. Didnt stick around find out what it was. I didnt know that clamAv was seriously outdated so maybe thats why it got infected that easily.

k1114

Distinguished
Unless you're Bill, there isn't a person that's coming to hack you. Most spyware just gets on your pc and works as it's programmed to do. If you did a fresh install then it's gone and it never knew it even existed. Every site you go to knows your ip, but it isn't going to be worth anyone's time to try to personally hack a normal Joe's pc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS